A GMC still in service..........

Lord Burley

Well sort of.Photographed today at Goodwood,as i attended Supercar Sunday...............................

100_0346.jpg

Albeit from a workshop in to a food wagon.Also found a couple of Jeep trailers there,and a Sankey.And a very nice and straight Austin Gypsy,that was used by the Goodwood staff.couldnt get near the later to take pics.

I d say its an American shop body . At least its not been scrapped yet , so there is still hope it might be saved for restoration someday ....

You never know when or where you will come across a bit of OD these days !!

It has been around for some years now, I've seen it since 2004. All the Goodwood period sets and equipment are stored in a hangar, some only come out once a year for the Revival weekend. I'll ask a friend who is involved in the organisation about this truck, I suspect it might be a Goodwood "resident", and no chance of being scrapped!

The rear body looks heavily modded,with all the catering equipment thats inside.Also looked like it hadnt moved in some time,as various cobwebs etc in the cab.Forgot to mention,that i also saw a Jeep trundling around amongst the exotica.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

:-DLike your new top but it doesnt go with the sandles,does your mrs know you borrowed it.:-D