HGV license for mv...?

For them saying 'What?' A chineses six has the twin axles at the front. Showing our ages now mate. The other joy was tractors with independent wheel brakes. You had to move both feet back and put your heel on the individual brake levers. Led to some intresting moments.

I spent many years driving tractors with forklift attachments on the three point linkage, the independent braking on each wheel worked like a dream with the weight at the rear of the tractor, I could turn on the spot when using the brakes independently, little or no weight on the front axle....... I still miss my tractor work. There is something nice about working the ground, no other traffic to worry about, singing and feeling the power of that machine underneath you.... the tractor was a marvelous invention. I never understood why the military did not make more use of them. :kissoncheek:

I learnt to drive on a Grey Fergie when my Dad managed a farm, had some good times being a kid on a farm, I would say it was the best way to grow up. At the time the farm was taken over the biggest tractor we had was a MF 135, the new owner had more money than sense and bought lots of implements, a seed drill from Ransoms which was sooo wide it would not fit through any of the field gateways, but the best one was a 3 point mounted set of disc harrows which were massive and after being dropped off we decided to move them with the 135, but all it would do when you went to lift the 3 point linkage was to pick the front wheels of the tractor off the ground !!!

He then went on to get a MF 165 with multi power :laugh: was a bit better but then got another tractor which was a David Brown 1200 that did the the job a treat....

The good old days....