Elvington - Wheels & Wings 9-11th May

I've not been long back from the Wheels & Wings show hosted by the Yorkshire MVT. It was a 174 mile round trip which took me just over 2 hours each way. I arrived on Friday about noon, set up camp and chilled out waiting for Bodge.

It was a brilliant weekend, unbelievably hot, and finally got my Jeep and Bodge's Dodge together for the first time, 'though he did break down 3 miles from home on the way to the event!!!! ( flat tyre! ). But breakdowns are now traditional with Bodge!

There were around 200 vehicles there, of which a huge 64 were jeeps, which is probably the largest turnout of jeeps in the North. I took well over 500 photos, which I'm just about to start looking through, but here's a very small selection to keep you going 'till I thin them out.

There's a couple of pictures of our 'Flying Control' display, Bodge's Dodge in the dark after staggering back from the NAAFI, both of us posing ( and me melting in the flying gear ) and the BBMF Dakota over flying the Yorkshire Air Museum example.

Steve

waw1.jpg

waw2.jpg

waw3.jpg

waw4.jpg

waw5.jpg

waw6.jpg

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

we only made it today {sunday} ,

and yes we saw you jessie posing before the camera,s ,, you becoming a star lately ....:)

Yep agree we are going to have to stop this!

I must say that Bodge is very photogenic and you guys must of been lucky to of been able to climb over the Dak.

some more pics from the weekend I have just received.

http://www.osbmedia.co.uk/

Nice one in here of Chris's ferret all set up.That is one sweet sounding motor you have there Chris.

Next year you must come and visit your relations up here in the frozen wastes of the north Jack, we'll even let you in the Dak !!

Tim

Hi all,

What a fantastic weekend! Thanks to the Yorkshire MVT!

The weather was great, I even won a prize in the judging, 3rd best Post War.

Nice to meet Tim, Bodge and Steve Carr.

I will definitely be booking for next year.

I met up with the guy who used to own my Ferret for 12 years. He gave me a book called Battlefield, The Weapons of Modern Land Warfare. On page 89 there is a picture of my Ferret in service in Northern Ireland with the 17th 21st Lancers, according to the record card it was with the Lancers in 1970.

I will get it scanned and post it up!

Cheers Chris

Hats-off to Jessie for braving the heat in his high altitude flying gear!

I put mine on yesterday to go to the 95th Bomb Group open day in Suffolk, but took it off again within minutes - it was just too damn hot and T-shirt and shorts were a far more comfortable option!

Had a lovely display from the BBMF Lancaster and Hurricane over the old airfield remains.

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg