• 3 weeks later...

Thought its time to bring a new vehicle to the link, well, when i say new, its new to me. Does anyone recognise this 981, previously from manningtree essex. If you have any early pictures or know any history, please let me know.

Not always painted to jps colours, has also been blue and red. Was previously registered as Q728EGV. Cheers MACCDT

P4230019.jpg

P4230017.jpg

P4230021.jpg

I believe this one spent many years at Ben Cooper's garage at Claydon near Ipswich. It has resided at three different locations in the Suffolk / Essex area over the last few years, but A Barrell probably knows more of its history than me.

hi, the essex diamond t featured in the previous thread is now in normandy, there was a problem with a broken valve spring, it has a rolls c6 and needs a lot of work doing to it. it is located near domfront about two hours from me, i went to see it last year and it was up for sale for 1500euros, i do not know if it has been repaired but if anybody is interested in it i have the chaps telephone number, all the best ,tony g.

hi, the essex diamond t featured in the previous thread is now in normandy, there was a problem with a broken valve spring, it has a rolls c6 and needs a lot of work doing to it. it is located near domfront about two hours from me, i went to see it last year and it was up for sale for 1500euros, i do not know if it has been repaired but if anybody is interested in it i have the chaps telephone number, all the best ,tony g.

Hello Tony, I uplifted the vehicle last year after the valve spring was sorted out.

Its now in sunny Cheshire. I am going to try to get it to Dorset this year but as you said, it needs alot doing to it. Then again, you dont see them for sale every day so I thought I would save it. it cost me more to get it home that i paid for it.

cheers MaccDT

hi maccdt, great to see the old girl is going to be preserved, as an aside i have an excellent air cleaner bonnet side with the ventilation piece and the cut away chequer plate for the top of the wing, you can call me on 0033231101198. i wish you all the best with your project, all the best tony t.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi MACCDT just love the latest T project, looking forward to seeing it. Any progress in your rolls engine cylinder head search.?

Hi 981

still searching for Rolls Royce C6 bits so if you hear of anything give me a shout or send PM.

Are you driving all the way to Dorset this year?? or are you doing any local derbyshire shows

which i could get to from Macclesfield with mine where we could meet up

Cheers

MaccDT

Hi MACCDT Driving the T down to Dorset again 400 mile round trip but i do enjoy the journey at the slower pace of 30mph. Was hoping to get to 1000 engine rally at Astle Park Chelford with the T ,but have left it too late to enter.Will try and get in at steam rally at same location.

Will keep eyes and ears open regarding Rolls C6, some railway preservation groups may be worth a try as i believe the C6 was used in small industrial shunting diesel locomotives.

Regards Alan

I have decided to come to Dorset in September, as I would like to meet all the T owners, could any one tell me how many T's are expected.? Hope you all have a good run down from where ever you are coming from. Would like to have ride in a T if any one would care for a mate for a trip around the course.

:nut::cool2::wow::wow::whistle::saluting::drive::drive:

:drive:QUOTE=diamond 981;261625]I think there are at least ten expected at dorset,mike will have exact number ,you are welcome to ride in mine ..

Many thanks for the offer, just bring along the Chocolates, (free samples of course). You will have to let me know which T I should be looking for, I have never been to GDSF before, I hope to leave home at about 6am, should get to the ground about 8am & find a good parking space then into the ground at 9am, when the gates open, thats if all things go to plan, see you there.

Regards dizzy-t:drive:

:drive:QUOTE=diamond 981;261625]I think there are at least ten expected at dorset,mike will have exact number ,you are welcome to ride in mine .

Many thanks for the offer, just bring along the Chocolates, (free samples of course). You will have to let me know which T I should be looking for, I have never been to GDSF before, I hope to leave home at about 6am, should get to the ground about 8am & find a good parking space then into the ground at 9am, when the gates open, thats if all things go to plan, see you there.

495 XUX . I will have a large selection of chocolates for everyone in diesel heavy haulage to sample ,see you there.

Regards Alan.

495 XUX . I will have a large selection of chocolates for everyone in diesel heavy haulage to sample ,see you there.

Regards Alan.

You have a long drive down, how long will it take you & what does yours do to the gallon?

Regards Dick Smith

Regards Alan.

You have a long drive down, how long will it take you & what does yours do to the gallon?

Regards Dick Smith

Have looked through the forum to see if there is a photo of your DT, cant find one, could you put one on, or tell me if there is one, what page it is on?:drive:

Regards Alan.

Regards Dick Smith

In 2008 it took 6 3/4 hrs at 30 -35 mph. last year i split the journey over 2 days at 25 -30 mph towing showmans living van. Total driving time about 8 1/2 hrs ,the living van providing a comfortable rest over night. Fuel consumption is pretty good at 10 mpg but thats due to having leyland 680 power plus engine and leyland 5 speed + overdrive box coupled to original 3 speed auxillary box.