Yo.

6 X 6

My name is Tom, I'm based in Somerset and have had a life long passion for army vehicles. I'm particularly interested in 1950's British vehicles especially Scammell and AEC. I own a series 2A L.R. which can be seen on YouTube by entering "Land Rover Series 2A Ambulance". I'm looking forward to learning more about all types of military vehicles on your wonderful forum.

Tony B. I'm up on the Mendip hills with quite a few historic military sites in the area. Within walking distance is the WW11 bombing decoy site of Blackdown where a full size replica of the blacked out city of Bristol was built. Some sort

of electronics was used to lure bombers into dropping their load on open moorland rather than Bristol's aircraft factories. There are also countless WW11 concrete tank traps and pill boxes in the area. Just across the fields is the site

of a 8 acre WW11 US Army camp where soldiers were billeted during the build up to D Day. Only the foundations of the buildings survive. Next to that is Maesbury Castle, an Iron Age Fort.

Tony, you need to come to lovely Westcliff on Sea.

Welcome aboard, 6x6. Look out for the new duty roster which has been delayed since the big crash of '08. Dorset will soon let you know what to do once he's stopped playing with his articles.

MB