Luftwaffe

Radek

The German's did experiment with discs. There was a good story on BBC Radio 7 recently based on the idea, and a commando team sent to capture it. Wether any actually flew I can't say, but there was a wind tunnel disgused as a barn, the roof lifted when in use. It was taken to Farnbourough and used for years, including on Concorde tests. Fort Halstead has an overhead crane that is ex Luftwaffe.

Something doesn't feel right about the picture, and it's not the subject matter. It could be a photoshop job, but I'm not sure. If it were real, I would have thought it would have been well published by now. Having said that, yes the Germans did experiment with discs, and I recall seeing a program some time ago on the subject.

One part of the program showed a large concrete cylindrical structure, from memory about 12 mtrs across. Within the structure was miles of heavy duty copper wire designed to take very high currents. The program makers could not think of any other use for the structure and associated buildings than a levitation device. They showed a small experiment where a dohnut of copper wires were connected to a mains supply, and when the power was applied, it lifted off the bench.

It's quite amazing what the German scientists were doing 60+ years ago. Shame it was tainted by the politics of the day.

Steve

I had a Jewish friend who was a surgeon. He held the view that the Nazi's 'Medical experiments' were the worst crime. They were so badly done. When I had recovered from my initial shock, and asked him what he meant, his reply was that as the records were so poorly done there was no chance of using the information to save others. So all the deaths really had been in vain. There was an outcry when it was found out that the US military treatment for Hypothermia was based on information found in Nazi records. But then knowledge gained in the Indian Faminies was used to treat concentration camp survivors.

Hi all,

this is a picture of one of the Haunebu series of craft (not an actual photo) several of the aircraft varients made flights in the latter stages of the war :shocked: if you search the web for Haunebu and can read the article by Rob Arndt very interesting.

http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/HAUNEBU.htm

Ashley

Hi all,

this is a picture of one of the Haunebu series of craft (not an actual photo) several of the aircraft varients made flights in the latter stages of the war :shocked: if you search the web for Haunebu and can read the article by Rob Arndt very interesting.

http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/HAUNEBU.htm

Ashley

What an interesting link;

First time I've heard of these craft;........

Cheers Ashley.

• 2 weeks later...