GMC Workshop to Clubmobile conversion

mick.wilson

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mick & Cara - Well done doesn't even start to describe the momentous task you've acomplished, converting a tired 'ol Jimmy into a slick Clubmobile.

Keep it up!

Goran Noren

Sweden

Ambulance - FEB, Brazilian Expeditionary Force

Italy 1944-45

:shock: That really is a special weekend, did it get any TV airtime?

I don't thinks so ? not that many MOP's made you think you were in 1944, was very good when the air-raid sirens when off and a German bomber dropped a bomb on the school, everything from this quiet little village when haywire with Bofors firing and the fire engine flying off from the fire station, it was very realistic.

Still working away on the wagon, the weather is stopping me from putting the Clubmobile writing down the side and still no rear roof yet but will be tacking her to Horndean "Overlord Show",. Should be fun as Cara is driving the beast for the first time.

000.jpg

00.jpg

0.jpg

Thanks Guys :oops:

Hi Mick. Truck looks great, real credit to you, how did you get so much done in so little time?.

You and Cara have a great weekend at Horndean, just sorry I will not be there to see it.

Shopnut

Hi Shopnut,

"how did you get so much done in so little time?" Cara made me work on it every day tell it was dark and with no days off (apart from a couple of holidays when I managed to slipped away :twisted: )

Your welcome to come and pick the rear doors up when ever you want to mate.

Mick.

Mick,

Sorry that I didn't get to see you all but unfortunately business was to dictate otherwise :twisted: :twisted:

your images just get better and better and nice to seee Colin in the line up, you guys do look good!

Did Patton put his boot up the A** es of the soldiers who didn't look correct? :twisted:

We have a photo of the original 514th being inspected and we don't look that different (just not black),

we both have mixed up kit in the line up. At the end of the inspection the General said to me

"I have never seen such a scruffy bunch of troops",

I explained to him that the men had not slept in two or three days as the Red Ball was in full advance to catch

up with his tanks. Was all good fun :D .

514thPatton.jpg

• 4 weeks later...