GMC Workshop to Clubmobile conversion

mick.wilson

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dam dam dam and bugger, Rather than strip our spare engine to find out if the engine's timing cog was made of bakerlite, I decided to drill a small hole in the timing case cover, if it was aluminium I was going to put a spot of weld on the drill hole and fit the engine but "BUGGER" our spare engine's has got one of the old bakerlite cogs in it, so is of with the sump to pull the camshaft out before I start putting the thing back in truck. What idiot thought of putting the two bottom bolts on the timing cog cover that you can only get to from inside the sump, if the bolts were on the out side the job would be so much easier :cry: :cry: :cry:

p1010040_189.jpg

Well I took the rocker cover off to find out one of the valves had stuck down (on this supposedly good engine), so the head had to come off, but it all came to bits quit easily and one hour later I had a surprisingly good condition fibre cog in my hands. I think the best thing to do now is strip the other engine and make one good one out of the two.

p1010042_612.jpg

p1010043_981.jpg

p1010044_140.jpg

p1010045_204.jpg

p1010047_131.jpg

This is going quite fast! How long do you recon you have work to do on the clubmobile?

I have no idea what problems I will come across so I don't have a date but I have got to try and finish it for The Gunpowder Mills event in May next year.

With the amount of work your doing over the timescale, you are obiously very dedicated, keep up the good work.

Tyler.

Thanks guys I will keep you posted

Mick.

It is looking good and boy, don't you go for it.

What grit did you use and did you hand paint the oxide?

Cheers

Jack.

Hi Jack,

I used a drill with 80 (grit) disks then 300 wet and dry, and yes hand painted oxide, when the cab is all done I will rub the hole cab down and may spray it green or use a roller.

Mick.