New toy for Christmas

ferret

Hi Chris,

Following your thread about the bike. Soumnds excellent. I have '43 WD Enfield ( just re-building the engine) and a '38 Ariel plus some other stuff but the BSA looks in great order. I laughed like hell when I read your 'I was drunk when I bid' message!! Great!!!!!

Anyway wondered if you had the BD blouse still or whether it had been sold??

chers

Simon

The Helmet is 6 3/4 1942

Leather jerkin is well worn and large

1940 pattern BD blouse size 13 1941

size 9 pantaloons

size 7m boots

Goggles have replacement strap, so very usable

gloves are large, rabbit skin lined with sheepskin in the gauntlet. Post war?

various bits of webbing dated 41,42

If any one interested pm me

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Simon, Is it a CO ? Have you been in touch with Jan Vandevelde the numbers nerd (Sorry Jan :-D) regarding his WD/CO numbers survey / research ?

Soory mate, haven't checked this bit if the forum a bit. Been in Brit vehicles!!!

Yes Jan asked me to supply detail ages ago. Might have been when he first did to register. Mine is a CO/B from the contract of 3000 they did early 43 with the Burman box when the Albion factory got bombed and production looked iffy. Suits me actually as it's the same box as is on my Ariel. Just rebiult the head with new springs, original valves re ground etc. Barrel honed and big end re-built. Next job is to trial fit to cases and then we'll see........... Rest of the bike is restored, girders re built front wheel brake skimmed up true and just waitinf for the engine etc then we're in business!!

Simon

Chris, check MOT regs. The age of the bike it might well be exempt things like reflectors.

I think you may be right about the reflector but the bike should have a brake light and numberplate light as it is registered after 1936 but you may find some mot testers will say a reflector is required ,standards do vary,I had no problem getting mot without reflector but my local station is classic vehicle friendly

Nigel