Hull Compass

cripp

I recently got hold of a Hull compass but the oil had leaked out. I've got it apart and done some repairs and am getting ready to do the re-fill. Does anyone know where I can get hold of some compass oil. I've been to the local chandlers and was greeted by a blank look and a what's that? :roll:

If I can't find any I believe I can fill it with clear baby oil.

Any help or info appreciated.

I think I'll go with the johnsons.

Thanks all.

Bit off topic but I have had 4 kids and now have 4 grandkids. I could never work out why babies needed lubricating. Also seemed dangerous to me: surely if you hug the lubricated baby, aren't they likely to shoot across the room like a bit of wet soap between your fingers?

Hi, you should be able to buy it from either an aircraft instrament supplier/refurbisher or aeronautical fluids suppier (shell/bakers/castrol), thats if you want it to work, as the proper oil used contains no metalic minralls/properties, I may be able to get a 1ltr bottle of it if you want as I worked as an aircraft engineer up until july.

Hope that helps.

Tyler

• 5 weeks later...
I think I'll go with the johnsons.

Thanks all.

Bit off topic but I have had 4 kids and now have 4 grandkids. I could never work out why babies needed lubricating. Also seemed dangerous to me: surely if you hug the lubricated baby, aren't they likely to shoot across the room like a bit of wet soap between your fingers?

Ha ha, I can see it in my minds eye!! :mrgreen:

With a shocked woman looking pissed off ready to wallop your head with a fryingpan! :shock: