What to visit in London area and south of England?

Hello, ive pm'd you my mobile number, you can come to chatham militaria fair with me and the boys. Lunch after in east end cafe, Ive got a spare kevlar vest you can borrow :whistle:

Yeh you need one of them in Chatham :-D

Just to let you know I'm in London. I have found a pub with a free Wi-Fi access to connect my laptop on. I can't be very often on the Internet.

I already went to visit the Imperial War Museum. It was beautiful! I thank you all of you for your kindness.

Hope I'll be able to meet some of you.

Regards

Yves

Well I did the IWM last week. Wor Lass, who was seriously ill last year, did not find the walk from Waterloo station arduous. (We found Lambeth North tube station about half the distance on the way back, carried on to Waterloo, missed a turn, walked under the tracks and around three sides of the station. Eventually got on the Northern Line tube ... heading south instead of north and got off again at Lambeth North to turn around and go back. Grrr!)

I spent three hours mooching, stayed interested throughout and didn't see half of the museum. (The leaflet suggested you'd need 3 - 4 hours to see the whole thing. Obviously this is not geared to people who are interested.) The flocks of school-children were only rowdy when they were allowed into the museum shop to buy bric-a-brac.

Some very moving exhibits. I found an SLR that had been hit by a high-velocity full-bore round - probably 7.62mm) that had nearly severed the barrel. A lifeboat in which two men had survived for 70-odd days after their ship was sunk. And of course the VC awarded to Charles Ernest Garforth, 15H in 1915. Try Googling for him and read what he did to win it. And they try to tell us horsed cavalry were rendered obsolete by the race to the Channel in the autumn of 1914.