Aec matador 0853278

1 hour ago, wally dugan said:

it's wartime number was H1760933 as to it's military history it has not survived

That’s brilliant that you’ve managed to find that thank you, I’m taking it there’s no way to put that number in anywhere to find out where it went in the war ? 

I cannot help you with wartime history, however AEC Matador tractor 93 YY 58 was listed in the 89th Ruddington sale 4th April 1967  Lot 1149, but for some reason it was relisted in the 90th Ruddington sale, 6th June 1967 Lot 1633.  So it had a long post WWII service before disposal. 

1 minute ago, B series said:

I cannot help you with wartime history, however AEC Matador tractor 93 YY 58 was listed in the 89th Ruddington sale 4th April 1967  Lot 1149, but for some reason it was relisted in the 90th Ruddington sale, 6th June 1967 Lot 1633.  So it had a long post WWII service before disposal. 

Amazing thank you how did you find this out I’ve been trying for two years to find information out about it 

38 minutes ago, Connor Baker said:

Is there any photos of it ? 

1 minute ago, wally dugan said:

it looks like it was owned at one time by ROYAL BLUE the only company that may fit the bill was a bus company

That’s correct it got converted to a recovery truck and they used it till the mid 90s this is a photo of it when they used to have it and work it 

IMG_6866.jpeg

On 3/24/2024 at 12:08 PM, wally dugan said:

it's wartime number was H1760933

Photographs show Matadors in the series H41xxxxx to H49xxxxx, so is this a post-war rebuild number? It looks as though it was rebuilt at some point after WW2 ended, either before the introduction of the 1949 VRN series, or after the RA - RH series was no longer being used.

Edited by Noel7
repairing an omission

As this lorry has gone through a "Class 1 rebuild" (H17xxxxx census number), you may find a data plate somewhere in the engine bay or in the cabin, giving more information about this rebuild. See also this thread, bottom of page 1:

On 3/26/2024 at 6:43 PM, Connor Baker said:

Amazing thank you how did you find this out I’ve been trying for two years to find information out about it 

I have been involved with military vehicles as a hobby for 40+ years, and have collected around 150 Ruddington sales catalogues and many workshop manuals. Back in the 1970's and 80s there was not so much interest in military vehicles and publications were easy to find and inexpensive. I started attending the Ruddington sale around mid 70's until the end.

• Like 2