FV432 night scope

Got one of these and trying to find out if it works. We noticed it has 2 power sockets - does it need both powered to go or not? We had a cable to power 1 socket but that didn't seem to make it do anything. If anyone has any cables that fit these let me know!

1.jpg

I wonder if these sockets are wired in parallel? So either socket would power it up.

The reason might be that this could be used in some other vehicle as well with different supply locations or it was a means to daisy-chain equipment so that it could provide an output for say a map reading light, the connectors look similar for that.

45 minutes ago, fv1609 said:

I wonder if these sockets are wired in parallel? So either socket would power it up.

The reason might be that this could be used in some other vehicle as well with different supply locations or it was a means to daisy-chain equipment so that it could provide an output for say a map reading light, the connectors look similar for that.

I was thinking that. I may be wrong but the 432 drivers weather hood wiper motor uses the same power supply and would be able to use them both together.🤔

Not sure why you would though...

Edited by Mk3iain
Add a bit...

6 hours ago, fv1609 said:

I was wondering that, but aren't they both male?  I'd expect one to be female if was a daisy chain output?

Andy

On 3/10/2024 at 9:26 PM, andym said:

It seems that they do have two sockets, I obviously hadn't noticed on mine - it's probably got the blanking plug inserted.

http://www.fv432apc.com/fv430webzine/issueone/fv430webzinefv430nightscope.html

Andy

Looks very much like the connectors used for the tent lighting kit I've got, but with a screened cable to keep electrical noise out of the nightscope and inverter whine from the nightscope out of the 432. Cable will be male to female so that the scope can be inserted/removed in an existing cable run.

Chris.