Canopy Vehicular

Bob Grundy

Question

6 answers to this question

Bob I think the DMC of SMT13 should read 6MT13

Are you absolutely sure all the digits in the NSN are correct? It is just that the NIIN comes up as a Leyland intake pipe.

Other than that 2540-99-809-9254 does come close to many Land Rover parts for Defender & 90/110.

I think PPQ 1 just tells you that one item is in the package.

16 minutes ago, fv1609 said:

Bob I think the DMC of SMT13 should read 6MT13

Are you absolutely sure all the digits in the NSN are correct? It is just that the NIIN comes up as a Leyland intake pipe.

Other than that 2540-99-809-9254 does come close to many Land Rover parts for Defender & 90/110 parts.

I think PPQ 1 just tells you that one item is in the package.

I will check, hopefully I will post a pic of lable

Sorry I'll have to repost this again as I cannot seem to edit it. By entering I and 1 in bold the subsequent post went bold & removed when I try to edit that back in again it reverts to the earlier entry so trying again!

2540-99-809-0354 on my system cross references to two part numbers.

C1AB163-3 (which differs from the label CIA (B)   163/3) this is a Chertsey design or specification reference.

The other is LV6MT13-2496 this is a Vocabulary of Army Ordnance Stores item number for 'B' and 'C' vehicles, coach materials, body fitments, covers waterproof etc

NATO codification was meant to be completed by 1971, so with a VAOS identity this item was pre-1971. It was assigned by ASCA in HaHa Road that dates it further.

Being a "canopy" suggests it is not part of the basic vehicle which has a "hood" & if it was part of an original built you would expect the VAOS Section to reflect the code for a specific manufacturer. The fact that it is in LV6MT13 suggests it could be used in conjunction with more than one vehicle type.