NEWS - The first Tiger 1 has been sold to a reenactor.

Jack

I had only read bits and pieces of this thread until someone dredged it up - it looks very good. I am currently surfing the web trying to find a video of the finished article (with tracks).

Not sure that the British health and safety would see the wooden pallets as sufficient - I hope they have been inspected and certificated :-D

• 1 month later...

its absolutely gorgeous so far ..can't wait to see it complete with tracks etc!!..

.and I know it's a lot of money but not to someone like Spielberg it ain't.:cool2:....and if they'd been available when Saving Private Ryan /Band of Brothers was in the production stages I bet ol' Steve would have been on the phone to them with an order for 3 or 4.....

and I reckon a modern diesel is the sensible option.....come on now....she may not sound absolutely 'correct' but she does still sound gorgeous...and maybe one of the reasons they went for diesel was because of the Health and Safety issue?...Diesel gotta be a safer option than a whacking great big petrol especialy if its gonna be used alongside of actors that cost a couple of billion to insure for your movie...?????

Edited by RattlesnakeBob