NEWS - The first Tiger 1 has been sold to a reenactor.

Jack

Jack

Can i just pick you up on the use of the word "sold", as that would suggest the thing had been completed. I am still doubtful as to whether this project will be completed.

I see that replica STUG III is up for sale for £18,000 and i found that to be quite interesting and passable for renactment purposes. But a replica Tiger for the price of a house in the South of France going to the USA. I just dont see it happening.

Tim (too)

Jack

Can i just pick you up on the use of the word "sold", as that would suggest the thing had been completed. I am still doubtful as to whether this project will be completed.

Sure can Tim.

All I can say is that the 'guy' has placed an ordered (paid) and will be taking delivery in the Summer..... :-D

• 1 year later...

Hi Tim,

Haven't heard for a while what is happening but what I do know was that there was a big interest around the world - from museums in the US and I know that a certain collector of tanks here in the UK has spoken to them too :whistle: their website doesn't do them any favours..... http://tecnobaltic.beepworld.de/apps/guestbook?userid=4030151

What I do have here is the prices (if you wanted one)

We do design engineering with high modern computer-aided design- systems on one hundredths millimetre exactly.

The Tiger will from the outside 100% as the original of Henschel that says the hull plates will be welded exactly like the original with the same interlocking tooth system. It will be every screw, every bolt, every levers, every hook, every jig-shutter and every nut like the tiger of WW2, in the masked headlamp you find exactly the line of type “BOSCH” as in the original, you will find outside absolutely no difference to the original.

Inside is the Tiger completed with new age technique That says he gets a 10 cylinder of Mercedes, as ground drive an automatic gearbox from ZF, electronics and hydraulics come also from Bosch and Rexroth, Radio facility from Motorola whereas the headsets are in the original style from 1942. You can drive the Tiger very simple only with 2 food-pedals and a joystick, you have very small times of servicing and he is much more responsible like the Original!!!

At present we have completed the Hull cad-construction from the tiger I, the turret will be completed in about 4 weeks and we'll need then about 2 months for the technology, I think the total cad-design will be complete in Feb 2008, for the manufacturing of a tiger- Replica we need about 8 months.

The price for a Complete Tiger 1 or Tiger 2 –Replica is 1.985.000,- € free Harbour Hamburg

Payment is:

10 % deposit by order

20 % by ready message from Hull and turret

20 % by ready message from the undercarriage

The rest by extradition

-------------------------------------

The tiger assembly set we offer in 4 sections kit

1. from the hull

2. from the turret

3. from the undercarriage

4. from all outside parts

A precise parts list I can send into a few weeks after completing the cad-works, the Kits 1 and 2 could ordered from Feb. 08 and have a time of delivery of 2 months, the Kits 3 and 4 could also be ordered from Feb. 08 and have a time of delivery of 4-5 months.

The prices for the individual assembly sets are as follows:

1. from the hull 60.000,-€

2. from the turret 45.000,-€

3. from the undercarriage 175.000,-€

4. from all outside parts 135.000,-€

• 1 month later...
It is standing on 5 piles of wooden pallets, so surely it is not built to original hull thickness and weight?

I think one of the comments under the Youtube footage states that it is not as heavy as a real Tiger and has a smaller engine because of this Richard ! Still impressive though ! Heres the comment "The guy is getting the tracks now, piece after piece, costs are about 200€ or $270 each piece, and he needs abut 196. The engine has 200hp, which is sufficient, because total weight is "only" about 15 or 20 tons. Original 60t with 600hp, so it's roughly equal. "

Edited by AndyFowler
To add comment !

I think one of the comments under the Youtube footage states that it is not as heavy as a real Tiger and has a smaller engine because of this Richard ! Still impressive though ! "

Thanks Andy. That makes sense, to make it completely as original, would be a major undertaking. Looks very impressive though.

Nice one Andy! And this is the one that caused all the hassle for me some years back. When I first put this up on the front page news - it went around the world like wild fire.

I then had the cr*p kicked out of me for being part of the 'scam' and the internet forums were alive with this. I had had a lot of calls from big collectors and museums asking to be put in touch with the company - which I did and they all talked. But the rest of the world didn't know this so the cr*p carried on but now there is the proof.

And check this one out too...

http://www.youtube.com/user/kurlandtiger#p/a/u/1/voMkbSes460

Nice one Andy! And this is the one that caused all the hassle for me some years back. When I first put this up on the front page news - it went around the world like wild fire.

I then had the cr*p kicked out of me for being part of the 'scam' and the internet forums were alive with this. I had had a lot of calls from big collectors and museums asking to be put in touch with the company - which I did and they all talked. But the rest of the world didn't know this so the cr*p carried on but now there is the proof.

And check this one out too...

http://www.youtube.com/user/kurlandtiger#p/a/u/1/voMkbSes460

To be fair Jack, the original press release claimed the Tigers would weigh over 50 tons and have a 1000 hp V10 engine so the end product is not quite what was being claimed at the start.

An excellent effort none the less and I look forward to seeing one someday.

Well there were various types and widths of tracks on them originally, and if they are making tracks one link at a time them presumably they are going for as close to the real thing as they can get.

I'm not bothered about the weight issue either, as I'm sure everyone on here can appreciate, if you are doing something like this from the drawings up, then the first one has to be the difficult one.

If you went to these folks now with a big cheque and asked them to build one at the original weight and HP i don't think they would find it any more difficult than building this one.

Hats off to serious work here ... :sweat:

• 1 year later...

I had forgotten about this build, when you think about it there must be an international market for nut and bolt replica Tiger 1's, just think of the replica ME262's and FW190s that are flying....at the moment. If you were going to all the trouble to build a perfect visual replica I still don't understand why you wouldn't fit a big petrol V12.

... If you were going to all the trouble to build a perfect visual replica I still don't understand why you wouldn't fit a big petrol V12.

I guess the only legitimate reason would have to be that famous Japanese automotive slogan - RERIABIRITY :cool2:

Also possible availability issues of a suitable petrol lump?