CVR(T) track pad replacement- solution found?

surfbus2001

Hi Everyone, 

Having spoken with William Cooks recently, who confirmed the price for a set of cvrt tracks is now £60k plus vat! I’ve been looking for a solution to track pads for the cvrt.

before any starts, yes I am aware that if the pads are worn then the bushes and metal wear will likely follow. Personally I’m finding that the pads are worn heavily and the bushes and links are ok. This post is, for now, purely a pad wear solution.

I’ve seen that there have been some efforts in the past to “cap” existing pads by drilling into the worn pad and using primers and polyurethane to re mould the pads. I can’t seem to find the long term results. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I have developed a method to remove the old pads completely without damaging the bushes and cast new pads just like they did when made from new. Only now using a polyurethane that is x7 times more durable. 

I am currently trialing prototypes of different compounds on my Sabre but I’m wondering if there would be any interest from the community on a re padding service, or track exchange basis. Early days yet and costs to worked out when a final product is confirmed, but initial thoughts would be welcomed.

Thanks

Edited by surfbus2001
  • Like 3

I did speak to someone recently who had spent $40K USD and gotten a set or rubber-band tracks for his CVR(T), so that's somewhat more "reasonable".

The how-to video for the FV43x series is over here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/wwwfv432couk/recapping-track-pads-t1636-s20.html

The owner has been running them for rather a while now.

Over here they have re-rubbered road wheels and done some miles on them:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/wwwfv432couk/re-rubbering-road-wheels-t1781.html#p13730

Edited by teletech
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

There are several alternative track solutions for cvrt. Canadian firm Susi sell an endless track conversion kit, there are 3 Chinese companies making very cheap copies. Probably the best is Diehl with replaceable 'knock out' track pads which appear to be one pad from standardised Nato track-very clever.