Coolant spec'

I would take a serious look at waterless coolant these days. That is a long road though as the block wants to be pretty scale free inside then de watered before refilling. One of the advantages is it does not get the system pressure build up of water based coolants. Houdini fluid because it will escape. other than that just use a universal anti freeze. I would also recommend with the age of these old Bedford engines in the spares box a core plug kit and just hope it is not the one at the back of the block that gives way on your travels. I think the main types of anti freeze are _                                                        HOAT, Hybrid Organic Acid Technology. Includes silicates to inhibit corrosion of Alloy parts. Yellow or Orange in colour.                                                                                                                                                      IAT Inorganic Acid Technology. Contains Ethylene Glycol, Silicates and Phosphates. could cause corrosion over a longer term of use. Yellow or Green in colour.                                                                          OAT. Organic Acid Technology. Phosphate and Silicate free. Includes corrosion Inhibitors. Dark Green, Orange, Pink, Blue or Red in colour.                                                                                                                                                 Then your Universal Antifreeze, usually contains 50% Demineralized water, Low Silica content for radiator and delicate parts protection usually medium blue. Partly from my memory and the remainder my notes on the subject 

Edited by john1950
addition