Trailer water tank

Got this to help a friend The tap only partially turns to on.

Apart from dismantling from the tank, any suggestions. I am going to put it vertical and "wiggle" the tap to see if anything jammed.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Richard 

IMG20230402120726.jpg

IMG20230402120712.jpg

IMG20230402120709.jpg

IMG20230402120703.jpg

IMG20230402120653.jpg

IMG20230402120656.jpg

WCP is covered in EMER ENGINEERING & MISCELLANEOUS
D 410 Data Summary. Apr.1973
D 412 Technical Description, Unit, Field & Base Repairs. Jul.1987
D 417 Mod to fit all ¾ ton cargo trailers. Mod.Instr.No.1. Apr.1975

Unforunately repairs only cover the tank which is to be repaired according to EMER WORKSHOPS O 370.
"Components other than the polythene tank are to be repaired by replacement" Although there is a list of components none of them are VAOS or NATO codified it just lists MEXE Drawing Numbers.

The UHB AC No.60377 Part 2 gives no help for your probem. The EMER states it should always be stored with the outlet valve open.

All I can suggest is saturation with release oil then a gentle tap one way & then the other to gradually build up a bit of movement. Perhaps first a gentle application of hair dryer hot air.

• Like 1

The tap plug is nylon coated & the sealing rings are of nitrile rubber. The maintennance instruction requires no lubricant just to "Regularly examine equipment and accessories and report any damage."

Although the WCP was intended to be used in a 3/4 ton trailer, it was also intended to be fitted into a 3/4 ton Rover. 

• Like 1

Many thanks for this, I think I need to get good weather and have a look

A thought does occur that these elements may be broken which is causing the issue 

Will have another look at it next weekend weather permitting

I have a Penman for it once working 

Yes the clever thing about WCP is that they are so versatile that one or more can convert a GS truck or trailer into a water bowser, without having to have single purpose vehicles & trailers that can fulfil no other role.

IMG_20230402_162421(Medium).thumb.jpg.48abb525c4ece5e5f189e7b2b7c0f342.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayvee2003 said:

Doesn't the valve just un-bolt from the outlet of the tank?  It looks like a Saunders ball valve. Not sure of the size of the valve in your case, but here's a link to an 1.1/2" one on-line and a table of sizes.

Saunders Ball Valve 1 1/2″ - WG Tanker

image.thumb.png.a9686efe3694499390c0bd6d80036ef7.png

Trouble is i work away so cant nip out and look, but it does look like this

Thanks

Haynes silicone grease is available in spray and squeezy tube and is food grade and great stuff, available on Amazon. Nothing like it that I have found as yet as I haven't needed to look after I found it.... use it on water systems for o rings and various lubrication issues . My two cents worth.

23 minutes ago, fv1609 said:

IMG_20230405_170209(Large).thumb.jpg.95c7bcaebb17d5dce22e7d21cc8f1f4a.jpg

Many thanks for this, just need to remember where the off set spanner are.

Looking at the diagram I have a better idea on a plan of attack weather permitting 

Edited by Surveyor

Yes, that is a useful diagram, it comes from the UHB for the winterisation kit to show the existing system before fitting the additional bits for the insulation jacket. There was also an immersion heater kit.

I can't remember how I found out but I think there were only 3 full kits supplied to the Army & 7 to the RAF.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:57 PM, fv1609 said:

Yes, that is a useful diagram, it comes from the UHB for the winterisation kit to show the existing system before fitting the additional bits for the insulation jacket. There was also an immersion heater kit.

I can't remember how I found out but I think there were only 3 full kits supplied to the Army & 7 to the RAF.

Many thanks again, I will have a look tomorrow, daft thought was to try first by putting it upright and waggle the handle to see if it's a bit of something and let gravity see if it will loosen.

If not spanner time, will post what I find 

• 3 months later...
On 4/5/2023 at 6:59 PM, Surveyor said:

Many thanks for this, just need to remember where the off set spanner are.

Looking at the diagram I have a better idea on a plan of attack weather permitting 

Just got down to this job, turns out the inside plates are not there, also the bolts frozen

Hope the company still is in existance