Bedford mwd /oy 28hp inlet and exhaust manifold, please help!!

Neilmwd

Hello people! I am absolutely desperate for the correct inlet/exhaust manifold for my Bedford mwd anyone with info on where I can get one would be great, the pic is what it is currently running on, but doesn’t run well at all as the exhaust manifold is bent which causes it to blow and the carb leaks petrol like a Sieve.

507FDCFF-DB3D-4F52-ACB4-441D9CD65204.jpeg

Good luck with this!  I had a struggle to find these parts some 5 years ago - I think from Mr Morter, who was coming to the end of his stash at that time.  There was talk about getting some cast.  Then the second hand parts I got had to be machined to mate properly.  What a pain and not a cheap exercise!  Maybe thats why I now run a Land Rover!

There are a small number of manifolds listed as suitable for the 28HP on Ebay in varying states and at varying prices!

My son has a truck with a similar engine which had the same problem. We skimmed the exhaust manifold on a milling machine but also had to do the same to the head as the joints had clearly been blowing for years and this had eroded the mating surfaces, so look carefully at the head as well as the manifold. If you go down the route of machining the exhaust manifold, you might have to remove the same amount of material from the inlet so that both sit together as they should.

Best of luck

Alan

Hello,

It came with a lot of other parts for Canadian Chevrolets I bought last year, looks similar to those engines but definitely not Chevy.

£100 plus courier cost seems fair, given the wide range of prices currently being asked for on Ebay.

Let me know if interested.

If so, let me know your post code and I'll get a courier price and let you know total.

Happy to take PAypal and get it sent this week.

Thanks

John