dallas dig out

sorry jack, thought everyone knew it was on , i will try to post all events i know about.

next dig out jan 6 - 2008

No problems, usually folks post up about it - did no one go this time around :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I have thought of having a trip to one, somewhen, just a general question, as a brit wwii vehicle owner, in general, is there much stuff there with respect to same,........or is it more american based gear. ??

I do appreciate that the majority of kit is brought in by sellers,........ :-)

I went. A good day out with a fair number of people selling their spare parts. All sorts not just American. A thick frost when I arrived but after a couple of hours the sun broke through and it warmed up. Tea coffee and Bacon rolls all available at a reasonable price too. Worth the trip even though I didn't buy much.

I made half plans to go! By all accounts its a good do, lots of people selling of surplus parts, I think WOA2 went and had a stall.

Yes, WOA2 (ie Me) had a stall. I did meet FV1620 there. Dallas Autoparts is 25 minutes from my home, and it's only £5 a stall. Sold some junk, sorry I mean valuable merchandise, and bought a couple of bits. Couldn't find a 12 volt Ford V8 dynamo I wanted, but there's always next time which is Sunday 6th Jan. Friendly event with only enthusiasts and no big dealers, well only Dallas autoparts. If any of you go, please say hello to me - I have a Green Ford Focus behind my stall.

weather was cold, with a nice frost underfoot, we were in a lovely position on the grass, when the sun came out it was lovely and warm. Sold lots of unwanted items, bought a few items keep the jeep on the road next year,

not many females there, so hope to see more in January