RYPA tank gunnery training platform.

BC312

Question

Anyone seen any of the RYPA tank gunnery training platforms used to teach tank gunnery at RAC schools or know if any exist today, tucked behind a shed or barn etc or during their Army career. I assumed all were thrown for the scrap yard. The Navy also used them as well.

AE50184F-5E0D-4E3F-B083-ABE38D7FD1AE.jpeg

8BA70CCA-0EC6-49DA-8321-368B8F59D336.jpeg

2F5EDF60-A499-4B1D-AA3C-BE83EA7826CC.jpeg

024DB7A7-CFDF-4276-B051-7B10E31B0843.png

E3E95B61-426D-4B3A-84C2-958E1DEC7AEB.jpeg

4 answers to this question

THERE was most of one at the museum of army transport it was recovered from DUNCOMBE PARK during WW2 the park was home to a number of armoured units as well as ROYAL ENGINEERS who built a  number of bridges in the park. Where or what happened to it l cannot say but l have a idea

I have heard that there is a tank training turret in Badby woods, an area that was used for tank training during WW2, see note below. I stayed at Fawsley Hall last year and one of the staff recalled the story of an out of control tank, that ended up in the lake of the Hall during the war.

Badby Badby Woods Northamptonshire  World War 2 TROOP TRAINING AREA Badby woods and the Fawsley area were used for tank training. A tank turret trainer used for the training of tank crews during World War II. Currently in a poor condition

39 minutes ago, garys39 said:

I have heard that there is a tank training turret in Badby woods, an area that was used for tank training during WW2, see note below. I stayed at Fawsley Hall last year and one of the staff recalled the story of an out of control tank, that ended up in the lake of the Hall during the war.

Badby Badby Woods Northamptonshire  World War 2 TROOP TRAINING AREA Badby woods and the Fawsley area were used for tank training. A tank turret trainer used for the training of tank crews during World War II. Currently in a poor condition

Be nice if you had any photos. Also worth saving.