intro

cmp

Hi fellas

Have been collecting military vehicles for a number of years, I still own the willys jeep I rebuilt as a school boy back in 1980, Along the way I have accumluated a few other toys, though living way up north as I do (well sort of...) I don't get out as often as I'd like too... A couple of rug rats slows you down a little too!

But the vehicle collection currently comprises, 1943 Willys MB, EX USMC Italy. 1943 Chevrolet C8A Heavy Utility Personel. ICI, 1943 Chevrolet C8A HUA Ambulance, ex Ian McCallum, ex Bart Vanderveen, Chevrolet C15, No 11 cab, unrestored, long range project. been on the back burner for 20 years, its a very early contract 2002 chevrolet 1940. 1940 Chevrolet C8 Wireless truck,restored and very quick. Humber heavy utility, 1942, unrestored but very complete, (on the short list for the treatment), 1967 AMC Mechanical Mule, EX USMC Vietnam period, great around the garden! 1944 Universal carrier, No2 mK2*, just arrived, I have waited years to find a good one of these, so I'm real pleased to be looking after this one for a while. additionally, several trailers, generators and assorted scrap that I keep meaning to tidy up!!!..

Basically, I suppose, I'm a CMP Anorak. The CMP C8A ambulance was the holy grail vehicle and it was the sight of this vehicle which first got me started, so to eventually own it is a real priviledge

Now show me those 9.00 * 16 track grip tyres!!!

regards

nick

Greetings Nick

welcome to the sanitarium

feet off the chairs, biscuits in the barrell marked "Jacks do not touch"

Looks like you've got some nice stuff there... wish there was a universal carrier in my garden... wish i had a garden for the carrier to go in :whistle:

glad to see there's nice stuff up here as well as down there :-D

Do come on in! Its good to see some Chevrolet C8's in all their guises. I was looking for one a few years back and they all seemed to have disappeared, now I know where! Post some pics of them so we can see(If you can work out how to post them in your "initialisation"!) ;-)

You obviously believe in having lots of toys, :-) nothing wrong with that , it gives you a verity of things to drive so you don't get bored , the problem is you can only drive one at a time ! :-D Unless you call your mates up and then you still can only drive one but you can see the others motoring along. ;-) while having your own convoy!

Hi nick welcome aboard hope you enjoy your stay amung the loonies LOL

I must say what a lovely collection of vehicles you have there but out of all of them my favourite would have to be the Mule as a friend of mine has one and they are cerntainly go any where vehicle.Is yours the 4 cylinder or later 2 cylinder model and is it for or two wheel steer and is there any chance of some pics of it please?

Kyle

Welcome Nick and nice to have you here and one hell of a collection of vehicles. Am I the only chap in the UK who has ONLY ONE mv :dunno: :dunno: - I like to be different :computerterror2:

The clubhouse is open and I will be in the One Vehicles Only members Bar - I will be the sad bloke in the corner, on my own :cry:

Welcome Nick and nice to have you here and one hell of a collection of vehicles. Am I the only chap in the UK who has ONLY ONE mv :dunno: :dunno: - I like to be different :computerterror2:

The clubhouse is open and I will be in the One Vehicles Only members Bar - I will be the sad bloke in the corner, on my own :cry:

Save some space for me, then, Jack. :-D oh, and mines a LARGE CALVADOS, seeing as your buying. :whistle:

Its just a collection that has accumulated over a long time, infact at 40 years I seem to have turned into the person I was always critical of at age 20. Shed full of stuff that never sees the road... maybe thats just the way it goes! that and the geography. Any way how do you post pictures on this forum?

regards

nick