WD RE flying flea engine number

Ant

Hi  This is the last  Engine i picked up if anybody has any ideas or inside I’ll be keen know had a lot of  military  spec parts when I got it  so not sure if it’s an experimental engine or just very early  

90CA8A5F-B759-4A42-A3D8-FCCBD05AFA78.jpeg

45808457-8D6F-4EFF-86AA-DD28FEFD3056.jpeg

943A8A68-2FFB-42B5-ABC0-EDD77C1DF40D.jpeg

B3779F3B-0600-4D88-8F44-ED0590F4DCE4.jpeg

B993F679-3F55-4A99-9EC5-B1FEA80B708A.jpeg

849B76FE-BB69-4A05-8AEE-A129FBCAE237.jpeg

78CD4968-2FFE-4C6A-9B2A-FF9244257BA9.jpeg

Lex That’s great as long as it’s a war department through its fine I’m sure I can sort it out I may have some internal parts as well for the engine I bought a small pile of new old stock crank parts so I will have a look through and see what I can get away with not using on my bike

And I would rather see another bike  saved  

Thanks ant

• Like 1

The bike is still in an unrestored state, but it was sold here in Holland just before the outbreak of the war, It was probably hidden from the Germans during the war, as so many bikes were confiscated, after the war a DKW engine was fitted, as they are much more reliable, and fit straight in. I just fitted a Flea engine to keep the frame straight. frame and engine number should be 208, but it's fantastic that a prewar engine has turned up at all!  I will certainly contact you Ant, but way too bizzy right now. Any additional parts are welcome, but do have a little bit in the way of spares, I also own a restored Flea. (probably the most know picture on the net!)

Cheers,

Lex

170820111959.jpg

02032012310.jpg

DSCN1130 - kopie.JPG

Edited by welbike
additional info
  • Like 1

Hi Lex  like I said before I would rather you had it to complete the bike  specially considering there’s only a handful left and then all these have always been my favourite bike I consider myself lucky to have one very battered example  I will post you some pictures later have had a good look at it it’s got most of the hard parts that are different to the later engines if you can send me some photos of the  damaged  WD  Frame   And let me know what number it is  I’m sure we can sort something out  what part of the country are you in as I’m moving about a lot  and does the frame have forks with it if not do you have a left-hand side  as I have almost a complete set 

thanks Ant

On 5/28/2021 at 11:08 AM, Ant said:

Hi Lex  i’m happy to swap the case  especially if you have a frame for this engine  but what I  would really like is a second WD frame 

yours Ant

10 minutes ago, Ant said:

Hi Lex  like I said before I would rather you had it to complete the bike  specially considering there’s only a handful left and then all these have always been my favourite bike I consider myself lucky to have one very battered example  I will post you some pictures later have had a good look at it it’s got most of the hard parts that are different to the later engines if you can send me some photos of the  damaged  WD  Frame   And let me know what number it is  I’m sure we can sort something out  what part of the country are you in as I’m moving about a lot  and does the frame have forks with it if not do you have a left-hand side  as I have almost a complete set 

thanks Ant

10 minutes ago, Ant said:

thanks Ant

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

At the minute partway through rebuilding my  1944  Engine but I also have a second  WD  Engine to rebuild as soon as I’ve  finished  that one I will have a better idea of what I have left as regards the engine parts   Also found somebody that has a few new old stock comrades for the narrow crank if you need any let me know  

Thanks Ant

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ant said:

At the minute partway through rebuilding my  1944  Engine but I also have a second  WD  Engine to rebuild as soon as I’ve  finished  that one I will have a better idea of what I have left as regards the engine parts   Also found somebody that has a few new old stock comrades for the narrow crank if you need any let me know  

Thanks Ant

I’d be interested to buy any WD flea engine bits as its useful as spares incase I have a problem with my WD engine 😀

cheers Sam

Sam Lex has  first go  that’s if we can come to an arrangement about the engine for the frame as regards the parts still haven’t told me how much for the hub and whether you still have cable adjuster   I might have in a week or two some brand-new old stock narrow crank parts but only conrods 

Ok lex This is all I have spare at  moment   Locally  it has all the different parts as regards to an  early  engine and WD  Engine   I.e. gear selector backing plate   Found most of the full gearbox as well I may have a few narrow crank parts later on  so I will put this back for a few weeks until we can sort something out 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg