CVRT Spartan Top Box Storage

SirLanceUK

I have just acquired the top box for my Spartan. (Pictures below ) I have got is red as I have been treating the rust.

But I have a couple of questions, 

I cant seem to find anything in the manuals about how the box is actually attached on the roof. You can see in Top3 there are  hefty tabs, with holes in them, that are at the bottom of the "to box" , If I am to use these 4 fixing points, I cant see any natural points on the roof that any fixing can got to.

Top2 is just an overview picture but if you look on the inside to the right, there appears to be to long strengthening bars.

In Picture 3 you can see 3 plates bolted on to the outside and wondering what they are for.

This box always seems t be covered in "stuff" so making identifying what things are is not easy.

Cheers Lance

top3.jpg

top2.jpg

top4.jpg

7 minutes ago, sirhc said:

Hi Lance,

The bolts go though the hinges as you said... if you put the box on the top of the Spartan it should be obvious. I had one of these boxes but took it off as it stops the roof hatches from opening. 

Chris 

CBC73210-6AE4-4EF3-91CA-8ECD24D8EAA9.jpeg

And do you what purpose the 3 plates on the front face have? 

At the moment only one roof door opens with ease the other needs leverage, so until I can get it to somewhere to carry on the easing process I thought I could do with more storage.

They look like the slide for don10 reels used in op hides that runs out a field set hand set, to run through he vehicles on board comes and crypto out to higher or other units/ troop commanders or simply to the crew from the op operator. Fun fact each vehicle could be used as a signal booster sets being chain linked together like a repeater over Lang distance, I do love a good tangent.

Edited by Messier4715

10 hours ago, Messier4715 said:

They look like the slide for don10 reels used in op hides that runs out a field set hand set, to run through he vehicles on board comes and crypto out to higher or other units/ troop commanders or simply to the crew from the op operator. Fun fact each vehicle could be used as a signal booster sets being chain linked together like a repeater over Lang distance, I do love a good tangent.

Thank you for that information, having looked up don 10 reels I can see some reels in housings that definitely would fit in those brackets...