Land Rover heating system

Surveyor

Yup its the mechanical novice again, I have an issue with the heating, think its totally gone, I have been advised to test the fan by short circuit to a battery.

Looking at the parts manual and looking at the system its unclear to me how to check which wires are the ones to wire to the battery, at this point I don't want to go to a garage, can any one help, 

IMG_20201221_220417.jpg

10 hours ago, Richard Farrant said:

First thing to check is the fuse!

Good point, i dont think it is but will check, we were driving along and a bang happened, left hand door shock a bit, checked engine all okay, then the dash board lights started to mist up so went to the thought of heater, the controls have been jammed so it was on my to do list

2 hours ago, Surveyor said:

True, I will ask around and see who has one but Ruxy with his colours has given me a start which is appreciated

You don’t need to ask around. Go to www.Google.co.uk and type in Land Rover 110 wiring diagram and click search....

https://www.landyzone.co.uk/land-rover/110-wiring-diagram-military-version.344963/

No rotation on any speed , motor jammed or blown fuse.

Single speed (fastest)  only operation  , could be resistor blown.  Switch could be gone but I doubt if on both sides.

Have you checked the fan will actually turn - leaf mash is a common problem on many cars. If stalled it will blow the fuse.  

1 minute ago, ruxy said:

No rotation on any speed , motor jammed or blown fuse.

Single speed (fastest)  only operation  , could be resistor blown.  Switch could be gone but I doubt if on both sides.

Have you checked the fan will actually turn - leaf mash is a common problem on many cars. If stalled it will blow the fuse.  

Ruxy

Not tried anything yet leaf was something I had not thought of, the thing stopping me starting is the fan appears to be rivited to the heat exchange unit, I think I start with the basic, I do see I may have to take the windscreen wash bottle off to get to the unit