British Korean War Pioneer saw, is it off a M.V., and what is the type of buckle called?

T8Hants

I have had this 1952 British saw for years and as I am in the middle of a saw sharpening frenzy it came to light with some of the others.

So I was wondering is this a bit of M.V. kit, or just general issue?

I am also trying to find a supply of the type of buckle used on the sheath, or if anyone knows their correct name, I want 2 or 3  1" ones for another project, but as I don't know what they are called I haven't found them on line as yet.

Ta in advance....Gareth

P1000882a.jpg

Just search on   say  OVER CENTRE  BUCKLE  ,   stainless or galvanized , different makes - slight differences  - you should find yours.   Used to secure spare wheel straps on Rally Cars and MOD  Land Rover bonnet mounted spare wheel.

Trailer parts catalogues etc.

https://www.nationwide-trailer-parts.co.uk/products/galvanised-over-centre-buckle?variant=33018746887&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7oLVnefm7AIVj6l3Ch0xegyCEAQYBCABEgKbG_D_BwE