Air powered wiper motor

Zero-Five-Two

Begging time if any one can help. I need a replacement wiper motor for the Militant tanker.

20200815_161214.thumb.jpg.a2f6031d1595fdf1ccd341414cda04a6.jpg

One of these. Looks good in it's new paint, but the poor thing has seen too much service and is worn out. Just about works on the bench, but can't do a wiper blade anymore. Just leaks air.

I've had it apart, hoping there would be seals that could be replaced or something, but the main gubbins inside fits metal to metal, and too much of it has worn away over the years.

I know they were a standard fit in a lot of stuff, so if anyone has a spare in the back of the shed I would be most grateful. Thanks in advance

11 hours ago, Zero-Five-Two said:

I've had it apart, hoping there would be seals that could be replaced or something, but the main gubbins inside fits metal to metal, and too much of it has worn away over the years.

Don't know what the internals are like, I assume there is a piston that goes to and frow. Would it be possibe to re-sleeve it and/or make seal on piston ?

Would be interesting to know what the internals look like

Cheers

Richard

11 hours ago, Zero-Five-Two said:

Begging time if any one can help. I need a replacement wiper motor for the Militant tanker.

One of these. Looks good in it's new paint, but the poor thing has seen too much service and is worn out. Just about works on the bench, but can't do a wiper blade anymore. Just leaks air.

I know they were a standard fit in a lot of stuff, so if anyone has a spare in the back of the shed I would be most grateful. Thanks in advance

Have you tried oiling the internals, they were supposed to be done about every 6 months. It might be due to too much friction, unless it is worn out of course.

Thanks for the replies, Gents. Unfortunatly I'm not at home til Wednesday, so I can't do any pictures yet.

Main cylinder is fine, if anything it is now a little over lubricated. Problem lies under the round cover you can see. In there is the change over mechanism to shift the air power left and right of the main cylinder.

A small brass plate covers 3 air ports. Only 2 of which should be open at any one time, and it is this plate that leaks as it has worn away the metal around the ports

Never did get round to posting the pictures of the internals.  Bit late now as the replacement motor arrived this morning, many thanks to Marvinthemartian for sorting it out for me.  But I thought I would put them up for interest.

20200819_164542.thumb.jpg.5ed93320a2960214e144d2a4b5ccb38b.jpg

This is with everything removed, so you can see the three ports, with the surrounding metal well scored from years of use.

20200819_164851.thumb.jpg.f03ad88a9fa7b72d99a66165b952e4ee.jpg

Brass plate on next which should switch from side to side, covering one port and allowing air flow through the other two.

20200819_165116(0).thumb.jpg.f5859ce5c4976f45f1b9fdfe5cf6a6c2.jpg

Retaining spring  and heart shaped switching plate sit on top

20200819_165220.thumb.jpg.7a252826de6619c6eb21621a8e540023.jpg

And finally this round weight picks up the drive from the main cylinder. There is a pin on the under side that locates into the top of the heart shaped plastic bit to move it from left to right.

It all seems to do what it is supposed to just all a bit worn out.

• Like 2