Armoured car, Canadian.

LeeEnfield

Mods please move ir this in wrong thread. :-)

Right o, just seen the remains of GM MK1 Canadian armoured car, looks VERY like the heavy Humber of the British army,..............scratching my memory cells, (carefully :whistle:) I seen to remember the canadians DID have an armoured car called the Fox, but in my reference books, I cannot find any mention of it.

Will do a google search and also post on Maple Leaf up site,....and wade through wheels and tracks,.........but, anyone any idea's/details ??

Here's hoping.

Andy

Andy,

The Canadian GM armoured car was modelled on the Humber mk3 armoured car, but using their own components, such as the 270 ci engine.

Is it near you? I know of one from that way, last seen at Hellingly rally about 18 years ago.

Cheers for details, Richard.

Since posting first missive, I've had a look in Barts Bible, and its pictured/detailed there. :roll:

No wonder I thought it was heavy humber,........(well until I saw the plate on front plate)

Yes, very near to me.

(sadly beond reasurecting, though,..............well, depending how deep your pockets are, I guess............. :whistle:)