Mystery Object No. 39

fv1609

I was just carrying out an audit of my answers, just maybe I need to reappraise your response Tony. Can you expand on your answer a bit?

AH-HAand ah ha ha I've caught the Master out. So I think that it a supply line for water from a contaminated scource through a filter bed. Possibly for desert use to prevent evaporation?

AH-HAand ah ha ha I've caught the Master out. So I think that it a supply line for water from a contaminated scource through a filter bed. Possibly for desert use to prevent evaporation?

Ah no Tony you are on the wrong trail. When I re-read "Water supply line with straw as insulation?" I didn't quite know what you had spotted. There is a water supply element in that there is a pipe coming in protected from the frost I assume, but the whole thing could be regarded in the loosest sense a supply. See answer I'm about to post.

BTW master? Nope, I just have hoarded lots of books over the years. ;-)

Water trough for the cavalry's horses????

Yes well done Neil it is indeed a trough for horses, but not just for cavalry.

There are taps at the right end & the bar above the trough is for wrapping reins.

Hmm these must be getting far too easy. Although there are still 2 MOs not answered yet.