Bits from the dark box.

john1950

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

In the photo above showing three piles of pegs, the bottom two piles are for a British Army 9x9 ft or larger versions like 12x12 ft

Some are typically bent.

I'm not sure about those with rounded tops.

Edited by LarryH57
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LarryH57 said:

In the photo above showing three piles of pegs, the bottom two piles are for a British Army 9x9 ft or larger versions like 12x12 ft

Some are typically bent.

I'm not sure about those with rounded tops.

When you say rounded tops are you referring to the ones in the image with the 9x9/12x12 pegs ( Pin, 12 Inch Mild Steel as the CES book for tents describes them) or the other ones in the picture beneath them?

If its the ones pictured with the 9x9/12x12 pegs those are for pegging down the guy lines for the radio masts used at CP's/REBRO's and the such, if its the ones in the picture underneath those are for cam net support poles. 

• Like 1

Larry, might just have been how I was wording it, I was meaning that the ones I've highlighted here from said picture are for pegging down the guy lines on the extendable radio masts used at CP's and the such.

The two separate piles beneath them as you've said are from the CES for 9x9 and 12x12 tent sets and are also used in the make up of vehicle cam kits (not that anyone is as sad as me at work to actually look into what a proper cam kit for each vehicle is supposed to contain).

The ones in the image underneath in the original post are also for camouflage netting to hold the cam net support poles but I think they constitute concealment kit for tentage as I've not as yet seen anything to indicate their use in vehicle kits.

InkedSAM_1957.thumb.JPG.882eae7285a0fcfb8be98aefc2e1d089.jpg

Edited by mad dan eccles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...