Anyone got a deactivated MKII STEN ?

Waterworks

The whole front barrel trunnion is different, you can’t even compare dimensions as they are so different. The  face of the trunnion should nearly in line with the magazine opening, the one  in the plans is something like 4mm out. Also the ejection port is almost parallel with the mag opening, a real STENs ejection port is something like 20mm further back.

14 hours ago, Waterworks said:

Thanks that's perfect, can you tell me the thickness of the sheet steel used on the grip plate ?

Are there 3 sets of 3 holes equally spaced around the tube ? 

yes they are. The thickness on the grip plate should be the same.

Edited by BC312

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sten mags at the big shows were £3 a pop not that long ago brand new in grease. Cant get them cheaper than that. which stock do you want as there are two types, T stock or the  gun shape open frame job. You can buy them on ebay as i have seen these up for grabs on there from time to time.

1 hour ago, BC312 said:

Sten mags at the big shows were £3 a pop not that long ago brand new in grease. Cant get them cheaper than that. which stock do you want as there are two types, T stock or the  gun shape open frame job. You can buy them on ebay as i have seen these up for grabs on there from time to time.

You would have to add the entrance fee to the show and travel costs. 

I don't want to buy any parts except a mag , mainspring and its end cap which are not practical or economical to fabricate. 

17 minutes ago, ferretfixer said:

Also in these Plans. The barrel Latch, or in Reality. The Mag Housing Positioning Plunger. Is nothing like an original.....

& missing the barrel nut retainer plate. Which would prevent the barrel nut from unscrewing when being fired on a Live fire Sten.

Those plans are certainly different to what I'm finding by measuring STENS. The rumour is that they are from a metric Israeli STEN copy. 

Have you seen this chap on Gun-star? He’s well known and legit.

https://www.gunstar.co.uk/parts-kit-complete-royal-ordnance-factories-sten-submachine-/Deactivated-Guns/1186888

Perhaps you could buy some of the harder parts to make? He sells a kit or individual parts so can be your choice. I’ve bought a spring kit and a few other bits from him and he’s very quick to respond to messages. 

• 2 weeks later...