On my way to a budget meeting...

martylee

Well, that doesn't sound very intresting I guess!? Neither did I think when I saw the rest of the agenda, but it's important.

But this one took a rather intresting turn. My neighbour told me that I ought to check the garage at the place I was going. The owner had an MV of some sort.

Showed up early and brought my camera just in case. And what was the firt I saw?

Three of these...

width=640 height=853http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w197/martylee74/IMG_2310.jpg[/img]

Then I went to taslk with the first guy I saw which was the cook. It was his brothers place and it turned out both of them had a intrest for these green machines. He's infact owner of the only norwegian first price at Beltring. "The boogie bar" which is a wc62/63 with norwegian winter camo. He's a really nice guy, so it doesn't matter that his brother is away. We get to the kitchen part, where he ca tell me it's a swedish post war type. Since it belongs to his brother I have to get in touch with him some other time. But since he has a spare burner/heater for M-1937 he ask if I want it for free, which of course is something you can't turn down. He doesn't have it there, but while I'm in the meeting he drives home o get it for me. Now, isn't that great!?

They don't have the MVs at that place so I didn't get to see them this time.

After the meeting I take alternative route home, because there's something I'd like to check out. Unfortunately it's not for sale or in the shape I like'em. But it has been a Weasel.

width=640 height=480http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w197/martylee74/IMG_2326.jpg[/img]

So after this budget meeting I'm trying to find room for a field kitchen and Weasel in my budget...

It was a nice day!

Marty

It's great isn't it . You think to yourself , there just can't be any more Jeeps tucked away in barns or WC's lost in hedgerows or Weasels just behind that shed , not after all these years . But there still are . I know it makes me a sad old soul but am I the only one still gets a little excited knowing that ?

I too spend a moment glancing at properties and yards when I m off in a new direction traveling a new road , You never know what they might have , an antique civilian car , truck or construction machinery , farm equipment or something O.D. it makes the Hunt that much more special

It's great isn't it . You think to yourself , there just can't be any more Jeeps tucked away in barns or WC's lost in hedgerows or Weasels just behind that shed , not after all these years . But there still are . I know it makes me a sad old soul but am I the only one still gets a little excited knowing that ?

No

I'm spending way too much time in here! And it's taking control over my life. I read your reply to this thread, and last night I dreamt I went looking for MVs. Just like some of you guys wrote... Scary! :cry:

So Jack and his evil empire has conquered another soul.

Marty