Bashing my head for 6 months

SirLanceUK

Hi everyone,

i have been looking to purchase a tracked vehicle for some time and last December a CVRT Spartan dropped in to my lap. Very happy bunny but with no documents I called DVLA and was sent a v55/5. I was told I would need some varifcation and a form was sent off to MVT. One quick visit and the paperwork was started. Unfortunately MVT would not issue any paperwork as there where no supporting documents. Writing off to Bovingdon Tank Museum I received a vehicle history card showing that the registration was issued to a spartan in 1980.. however it does not mention the hull number anywhere and that is the problem... I can not find anyone that has any documentation that links the 2 together.. I have tried MOD, Alvis, Red Triangle, Alvis fighting vehicles, Alvis Archive, Bovingdon, Coventry Transport Museum..... I am now becoming stuck has anyone else been through this and knows of a way out!!!!!! 

The hull number is largely irrelevant as it is not recorded anywhere other than on the vehicle. Use the MoD registration number as the VIN, this is on the data plate. I’ve done 4 CVRTs, a Ferret, Fox and a FV432 using the mod number as the VIN. 

Chris

Hi Chris, i totally agree the hull number is irrelevant but MVT and DVLA don’t believe me, can I ask when you registered your vehicles? Do you have a copy of the v55’s or any names of anyone who dealt with your registration. If I can get any details I can go back to DVLA but at the moment they have told me to go back to my ‘club’

I never once mentioned hull number in any of my dealings registering those vehicles. The last one was my Scimitar in 2015. Send me a private message if you need help filling in a V55.

I don’t know where you are in the country or who you’re dealing with at the MVT, but you should make it clear to them that the only identification number available is the military number, it ties up with the data plate and the vehicle history. 

If I were you I’d get a fresh form and start the DVLA process again with a letter from the MVT stating that the vehicle is xxFFxx as per the data plate and was built in 1980 as per the history card.

• 4 months later...

I have  had a real set of problems with the DVLA for 6 mths  with my  CVRW so I have great sympathy with you. I found the hull No above the cooking vessel  and sent it with the documents and the changed it to the army registration No  Then further down the line of rejections they went back to the hull No. THEY ARE GETTING WORSE . I have now a registration document  but it took 6 attempts and a green goddess fire engine to  stand by to dampen down my fumes .

Good luck just keep going and get a club to help and have the wife stand by with a bucket of water to dampen out the fires in you.

Laurence

I have been very tardy, 

Thanks to all concerned I did get my registration document. A vehicle history record from Bovingdon, MVT released a document confirming the vehicle in question was a Spartan and DVLA issued a V5.

First issue sorted, next issue is how not to cheese off everyone on the roads as I drive around learning how to drive this 10ton monster :) such fun

Lance