Drive Past

Mark

I drove the Kent Showground today (Military Odyssey Event) and all I could see was TooTallMike's display, bl*@*y great desert camo up hiding most of the showground from the road.

Now that is taking liberty's

I drove the Kent Showground today (Military Odyssey Event) and all I could see was TooTallMike's display, bl*@*y great desert camo up hiding most of the showground from the road.

Now that is taking liberty's

Where...we couldn't find him :dunno:

Well....................Yes he is not on here so I assume he is with his camo netting, never seen him without it :whistle:

Hi fanclub!

Grasshopper and I went to the site on Friday to drop off the GW trucks and partake in the barbie before coming back. He was working on Sat. and I wanted to do my annual pre-Bethune maintenance & inspection. Along with some other fun bits of steel-butchery.

We went down there again on Sun. night (mmm... beer tent...) and were there all day today (Monday), me with a slight hangover (see above). Met up with Lightweight, LW junior & Mrs LW, Karl Joynes, Sean with the Irish registered 101, Clive Stevens... who else?

Had a lovely day wandering around chatting and actually looking at the other displays instead of spending the whole time working on our vehicles (apart from changing a flat 11:00 x 20 on the M55 and trying to make the brake lights work)

Vince also got stung by a wasp so it wasn't a complete waste of a trip :whistle:

- Mike

ps. the netting ISN'T MINE (or shorty's); we just keep the vehicles running. I'm NOT a re-enactor hence could not face 3 days down there. Some of them are wierd. Good wenches though :naughty:

Oh, so you were TooTall Mike! :-D, should have clicked, what with HMVF shirt as well :oops:

Enjoyed the show, admired Karls DPV, drank far too much and spent very little despite large wedge in pocket! Also eat very well thanks a cook trailer installed in the mess tent with very good chefs!

Definitely down on numbers, as for reasons, don't know but some opinions were bandied about; don't know enough background to repeat them here.