More Vehicle IDs...and a Locomotive

SimonBrown

Here we go to get shot down, Foreground, Dodge dump truck, behind right a Bedford OYD,folowed by a Dodge D60L followed by a GS Ford, with another Dodge D60  facing the railway and a  4x4 GMC reversed towards the railway.I think the sign says 40 ASP, I can slso see a Road Roller posibly a Greens or a Marshall, behind the CMP 4x4. If the railway engine is a 2=6=0 layout a contender would be the Class 545 engine built by two companies in the U.K. and one in Germany to the same design. There is a good picture of a Dodge dump truck on page 33 of the December Windscreen.

Edited by john1950
remove incorrect information. addition, revision

The locomotive isn't an 8F, although the Egyptian railways certainly used the class.  The Belpaire boiler is similar but the dome, cab and number of wheels are all different. Most likely one of another British-built class that was supplied pre-war.

Edited by mtskull

There is an emblem and number on the side of the steam engine cab. There is also a number on the Dodge dumper bonnet. I think the vehicle just leaving the shot to the right is another Dodge dumper, It apears to have a stone chip spreader in place of the tailboard.

Dodge dumper has an 9 figure number on the bonnet 3rd from the left is a 6 followed by a 4. It has a square section beam tied to the body posibly part of an overhead gantry. Dodge D60 has an emblem on the front of the right mudguard, Light background square with a V or V shaped emblem. Road roller has a 45 gallon drum in the ballast/tool box on the front. I wonder if they have been running fuel out of the rail tank as the manhole cover is open.

Edited by john1950

• 2 months later...