New Member Intro

Mickfl

Hi, I'm Mick Flindall. My children and I have been attending Military Vehicle shows with friends and decided we wanted a vehicle of our own.

I've now bought a 1979 Land Rover Series 3 88" SWB. It needs some welding and other minor work doing to it before repainting into military colours.

Any advice on improving gear selection and braking would be gratefully accepted.

Military registration number was 40 GT 06. If anyone has any information of her during her Army days or how she would have looked I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers Mick

Nearside.jpg

Hi, welcome to the forum, for the nitty gritty of fettling your landy I would suggest you get registered on the LR uk forum

http://forum.landrovernet.com/forum.php

There is a wealth of knowledge on there, I used it a lot to sort out my SER 2A.... I had a stirry gear selector and bad brakes too, all the info I needed was there.

From then on you are are in the right place for any military info you want right here :)

• 6 years later...

Hi Mickfl,

I came across your post whilst looking up something else, but recognised the military registration. I was the second civilian owner of 40 GT 06 / UHJ *** V and owned it for about 20 years. It was me that probably made most of the changes to it, including painting it yellow.

Adrian