pegasus on airborne jeep + trailer

roajeep

hi,

what is the correct marking ?

some jeeps have pegasus looking in to the centre, and some have pegasus looking out to the side of the vehicle.

i am just finishing an AB trailer and I do not want to mark incorrectly and suffer at the hands of so-called friends.

thanks.

David

David my understanding is that correct etiquette (rather than actual regulation) is that Pegasus should be positioned as if jumping off the side of the vehicle. Then to cater for which side of the vehicle is marked there are left & right handed versions.

Thanks to everyone for the clarification. I've seen both, but ordered the stencil now from Axholme as it is quite difficult to make one myself with the good old stick-backed plastic. Axholme's is as you all say jumping off to the right.

Delighted to say I have just found a pic of a Humber 1 ton of AATDC (Army Airtransport Training and Development Centre) with the rear Pegasus about to jump into the centre of the truck. Delighted because the only decals I have (in 1/76 scale) face that way! Maybe not all airborne soldiers were aware of the convention.

Chris

Do you mean the 'Hornet' ? Obviously a post war vehicle and the directive might have changed. But it's still the same decal as on the front N/S, so if it was stuck on the O/S at the rear it would be as the plate I posted. Or did you find another picture with Pegasus facing the opposite way? Ron