250 Gal trailer

Its amazing what's right under your nose ! found this today not 1/4 of a mile from where I am working. A chance conversation with one of MF,s mechanics led to this find.

007.jpg

looks to be all there apart from the filters are missing.

008.jpg

chassis and tank seem to be very good.

009.jpg

Though the springs may need some work.

010.jpg

I don't think this tyre would get through an MOT though :-D

011.jpg

006.jpg

Still has a rebuild plate with the post war reg no. of 84 XE 14 was in a rush today as we had a looksee during our lunch break but am making enquiries into saving the old thing.

Edited by rampant rivet
typo

Nice find here's a couple of photos that may be of interest taken from the manual for the Canadian 180 gal tank

Pete

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116909[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116910[/ATTACH]

Nice photos Pete, I thought it might be Canadian as its different again to the 7 that I have found (6 had 11:00 wheels & 1 had 16 wheels like this one but different axle)

Jeremy I have a spare set of good condition springs if you need them ? bet you wish you hadn't sold me that 180 gallon data plate now ;)

Pleased you like the photos Ian and Jeremy, somewhere I have the data sheet for the 180 gal Canadian tank I'll have a root around in the morning and see if I can find it and put a scan up on here I may also have some more factory photos on disc I'll have a look.

One small point worthy of note on the photo of the rear of the tank is the Canadian 'rubber light' rear lights these would not be fitted to British trailers. These lights are the same as fitted to 11 and 12 cab Ford and Chevrolet CMP's.

I wonder if the over run brake is hydraulic on the tanker? the 10cwt trailer is and it's activated by a Ford CMP master cylinder

Pete

This was the only 180 gallon bowser I found that had 16" wheels but I think this one may be British built as it had the same axle as my 20cwt GS trailers.

Now scrapped but parts have gone to good homes including the axle/hubs/drums etc which were used on Guy's GS trailer restoration.

The tank is still available though.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

008.JPG

007.JPG

006.JPG

009.JPG

Pleased you like the photos Ian and Jeremy, somewhere I have the data sheet for the 180 gal Canadian tank I'll have a root around in the morning and see if I can find it and put a scan up on here I may also have some more factory photos on disc I'll have a look.

One small point worthy of note on the photo of the rear of the tank is the Canadian 'rubber light' rear lights these would not be fitted to British trailers. These lights are the same as fitted to 11 and 12 cab Ford and Chevrolet CMP's.

I wonder if the over run brake is hydraulic on the tanker? the 10cwt trailer is and it's activated by a Ford CMP master cylinder

Pete

Yes the canadian trailer has a Ford Master cilinder , with 1 1/2 " CMP wheel cilinders , everyting on the axle is Ford Marked.

Pete even the Canadian built 7 1/2 ton recovery trailer has 2 ford master cylinders actuated by 2 air wheel brake booster like on a Diamond truck , and then 2 1 1/2 inch wheel cylinders per side

Interesting.... so a universal fitment on most common usage Canadian trailers

Pete