Tim Woods (IMPS)

Marmite!!

Tim Woods (Imps) passed away on Tuesday 19th June, Tim was a personal friend & his passing is a great loss to his family, his friends & our hobby, our thoughts go out to his family.

From Colin Tebbs (Essex MVT Sec.)

It is with great regret I have to inform you that Tim Wood passed away on Tue 19th June after a long illness. Tim was a tremendous supporter and advocate of our hobby and been actively involved in it for many years particularly in IMPS where he sat on the Council of Management and was Chairman of the North Thames IMPS for quite a while. He was a regular attendee to our Area meetings and was a keen supporter of the Essex Area MVT. He had many vehicles over the years and I well remember his Ford WOT 6 and among his other restorations the Volkswagen 181 and more recently his Austin Tilley which he and his friends pulled out all the stops to complete to take to Beltring last year.

Tim had a great sense of humour and he was always helpful and supportive of anyone in trouble with their vehicle and with his wide range of knowledge and contacts could always find someone to help you out if he could not himself. I have known Tim for over 20 years and that is not as long as some members had known him, he had many great friends in the hobby and I know he will be sadly missed.

His funeral is arranged for 1.30 pm Friday 29th at Pitsea Crematorium.

Lee,

I am very sorry to hear about Tim, having known him for more than 20 years myself. He, like myself, had a passion for the older British vehicles, his commentating in the arena at Beltring and elsewhere was always well informed.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Richard

I echo all the above, I found out on Saturday night at The Mustard's Farm rally and it knocked me for six, he was one of the gentleman of the IMPS and the MV scene.

He will be missed greatly.