No electrics...!!!

demon

Today I finished the gear box rebuild but now I've no electrics, nought nardar zilch 🤔.

I've no horn, brake lights, lights and when the engine is running nothing showing on the amp meter.

Is there a fuse or something somewhere in the tiny electrical circuit that's hiding from me?

The horn etc all worked until this afternoon. Totally baffled 😟.

There is no fuse as standard but any sensible owner will have fitted one, especially if there is an electronic regulator fitted.

Is there a working battery fitted ? If so, regardless of the charging system, there should be lights and horn. My inclination would be to start with a multimeter at the battery and check at every connector and lamp.

Do you have a workshop manual with wiring diagram ? The wiring may have been modified but it's the only realistic starting point.

Now it works, now it don't. That does sound like the earth. Apart from one other rather embararising situation. You did reconnect the battery and tighten the clamps? Won't hurt to add a few extra earth straps. I've done it to both my Dodges, stopped a number of stupid problems.

Battery fully charged showing 6.3volts and it's connected. Multi meter connected to earth lead to battery and there's continuity. Battery has an in line fuse and that okay as I'm getting power past it.

I have a manual so now I'm trying to trace the power feed to see where it goes and if there's continuity on that circuit too. There's a regulator fitted, mechanical type with points.

Man discovered electricity! And God introduced the Earth in case they got to clever! :D I now add extra earth straps., and attach all with spicky anti shake washers on all the starter circuits. Never assume the earth is OK even if it seems rock tight.