GKN Saxon

Lord Burley

Mark,

The are based around the TM. Price wise I'd expect £5000 for a non runner and £10,000 + for a better one. They were built in the 80's and are heavy, so you'll need to have the correct category on your driving licence.

Chris

• 2 years later...
Mark,

The are based around the TM. Price wise I'd expect £5000 for a non runner and £10,000 + for a better one. They were built in the 80's and are heavy, so you'll need to have the correct category on your driving licence.

Chris

Although this is an old thread, this seemed the most appropriate one to post this topic in. I recieved an email this morning asking if I know of anyone that would be interested in buying some Saxons :cool2:

I got sent some piccies, but asked for some more. I saw 3 seperate ones

Post some pics please.:thumbsup:

ok piccies.......

[ATTACH]26924[/ATTACH]

well one piccy.... I am so drunk....i cant process much more than that....conferences... drink drink drinlk

Anywy got told the deal is have to cut up as scrap... so I asked how much as if people are interested will try to cut up to save bits.... is this of interest... is their bits of use....

i see the chassis is just bedford to whaT BIT ABOVE WOULD BE WORTH SALVAGing, turret etc... i dont know thinking

I said to pass on the message that why not sell in one piece so can be history etc etc

so still kind of disjointed as i am 14 hours behind Malaysia so I get updated in my mornings here

i think if in malaysia there scared somone may rob a bank using one... so trying to convince sell it offshore

• 2 weeks later...

So if these have to be cut up whats worth saving or trying to save i.e. bits people would want to buy as the guy talking to me is trying to buy the reamains if they do ideed cut them up

Also if the hull was cut carefully in half is that an option i.e. weld it back up? The chassis is bedford so not so important??

Are they steel or alloy?

So if these have to be cut up whats worth saving or trying to save i.e. bits people would want to buy as the guy talking to me is trying to buy the reamains if they do ideed cut them up

Also if the hull was cut carefully in half is that an option i.e. weld it back up? The chassis is bedford so not so important??

Are they steel or alloy?

No mention of them being cut up & they have sold them complete before http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,37,/28630/GKN__ALVIS_SAXON.htm