WW2 British Two Man Tent?

44GPW

Thanks guys.

The mesh is quite fine...i was surprised that it was still intact and undamaged.. I read somewhere else that it's rare to find the nets still attached as they were often removed post war.

Clive, do you have dates for the two types you have liisted?

Thanks

Richard

Thanks guys.

The mesh is quite fine...i was surprised that it was still intact and undamaged.. I read somewhere else that it's rare to find the nets still attached as they were often removed post war.

Clive, do you have dates for the two types you have liisted?

Thanks

Richard

It came from a friend's grandfather's collection - acquired many years ago, been stored away in a dry dark place ever since... hence the excellent condition.

Am surprised we still had it on the stall when you came along - anyways... glad it's gone to a good home.

Tim

Thanks for the feedback and info.

I would not describe it as a Bivouac type tent as it sits too high (approx 5ft). Its very similar in design/size of the British Officers 2 man tent of the type now made by Soldier Of Fortune, but with much lower side walls and the addition of the Flyscreens.

I will purchase some poles and set it up, then take some photos. Hopefully i may find some markings although nothing obvious so far.

Richard