DKW Munga info

Rick W

Can anyone point me to the direction of any info on a DKW Munga. I may have the oppurtunity of another purchase, (Im sure my other half will be very impressed...on the other hand she may just give me "that" look and roll her eyes.). I dont know anything about these, looks like a fun little thing that you could use everyday, but whats the availability on parts, prices etc. What would a sorted Munga fetch? What would be a bargain price for one of these? Are they rotboxes that need constant welding?

Any info gratefully received. 8-)

Hi.

MUNGA,s are good fun, and are practical. Expect about 40 MPG, top speed of 60 MPH. Most in this country are ex-Dutch, so have oil tank so no pre-mix required. Most parts are easy, shocks are the same as type 2 VW £8 each! The spark plugs (3 off) are about £1.50 each from Germany.

The chassis is normally rust free, bodies are good think steel and tend to last. body panels are available from the club in Germany. See http://www.munga-ig.de the site is in English. Handbooks from the club in English, data search for built date etc. I think it's about £12 per year, which includes megazines and cd's. the cd's have things like handbook, spares list, hints and tips etc.

MUNGA has a full time four wheel drive system, full military lights, and can ford up to the top of the bonnet without you getting out to do anything!

A heater is fitted, which works! The screen has integeral demisting, and two single wipers.

A good one goes for £1k to £1.5k, but prices are going up are these are all zero tax and cheap to run etc. In Germany good one's go from about £3k plus, and some have taken the trip back to Germany from UK as the Germans can't get enough!

Send me a PM if you want more info.

Andy, owner of two MUNGA 4's!

Rick you are correct my first military vehicle is going to be a 1962 munga and it gets droped of on Sunday arfternoon where is the one you are thinking of getting i will post more info sunday.Kyle

P.S.a massive thank you gos out to mark heliops and andrew roberts for all your time