Hello from Scotland

trapper

Hi I'm Seán, an ex RAF NCO Aero engineer (ex Halton brat 130E if that means anything to any of you :-) )

I'm a prop maker based in Muirkirk in Ayrshire and I make props and special effects and help set up Live Roleplay events. I've recently bought a 1986 Bedford MJ which I hope to put on the road and take to some WW2 and post apocalypse events so I'll probably be asking for a fair bit of help and advice about making it road legal and where to get various bits from.

I hope you'll all be a friendly and helpful bunch :-D

serious questions to follow......

Welcome in Sean. What sort of props do you make? Always useful to know if you can't find real.

Anything and everything from foam and latex swords to 8ft Orc costumes, from Nuclear reactor doors to Red mercury bombs. I've built Stargates and triumphal arches and even Medieval toilet blocks with 'A' frames to be moved by drops wagons.

I have a lot of tents that I use for events both medieval and military events and a ton of cammo net. All sorts of stuff. I'm thinking about making a browning 30 cal in steel for next season :)

Hi and welcome :)

The folks here are friendly and know their stuff.

Down your way there are members of the Scottish Military Vehicle Group too if that helps.

Is that a separate group or a subset of this forum? I'd love to have some local contacts for help and advice.

Is that a separate group or a subset of this forum? I'd love to have some local contacts for help and advice.

PM sent to you Trapper.

This forum is really good though, just about any question you ask will have an answer somewhere on here :)