Part suppliers section please!!!

Chappers

Jack do you think it would be a good idea to put a section for parts suppliers/ dealers.The reason is I keep bumping into people with loads of parts whilst looking for the spares for the "Big Morris project" I'm undertaking.

Just thought it would be nice to have a section for names and numbers or contact details of suppliers.

It's the small dealers that I've found that have those elusive parts and they don't seem to advertise anywhere .A lot of the small dealers seem to know each other you could make HMVF the center for parts searching.

Just a thought!!!!!

Regards

Steve

Sounds like a plan :-D

I know I have bought bits for my ferret from suppliers who don't advertise at all, it's a case of "So and so might have that bit. Call him on xxxxx)

I imagine that permission from each supplier would need to get granted before puting their names up?

Surely this could go under the dealers banner :dunno:

I couldn't agree more but the dealers don't post on that section and I believe its just for dealers to post on so It would be nice to have a section were we as parts users could post about contacts we've made!!!!!!.

Just my opinion.

I met a guy today that deals in Brake and clutch parts, He handed out a business flyer so cant see why he would object to getting more business from a MV forum.

so here are his details:

Coastings LTD

Classic Brakes for cars ,Commercials, military 1929-1985

Tel:/Fax 01564 702388

Will take Master card /Visa credit card and does mail order.

Heres another one :

The Electrical Parts Company LTD

suppliers of Obsolete Lucas Auto electrical spares for cars,tractors,motorcycles and Commercials.Electrical parts refurbished.

Tel:stores 01584 811118

Office : 01584 811573

Fax :01584 819570

Every little lead helps

regards

Steve

Sounds like a good idea to me, nobody can afford to turn down business or free advertising, Land Rover owners, don't forget that a lot of parts going right back to series one are still available fom your

local Land Rover main dealer and are quite often cheaper than non-genuine parts. If you have a problem PM me and I will try to help, we do mail order and if I can't help I usually know someone who can.

The whole idea of a dealers section (in my opinion) is that they pay a peppercorn type rent to post in there and not for free, that is obviously J's call but that is my understanding.

a good call though :-D

I hear you brothers (family speak) and sounds a dam fine idea and if it helps everyone and makes our hobbie easier then lets do it.

I agree with Mark with regards to rent/cash bribes/holidays in the sun.

Just need to figure out how we lay this out so it doesn't all become a mess and is easy to use....

• 2 weeks later...