Found a wartime photo of our Sherman

Tim Isaac

Trawling through Sherman books and closely studying each vehicle (as you do) a reg number looked familiar, I`ve never found a photo of a vehicle I own and never expected to, however T146485 is the number of our M4A4. The vehicle was recovered from a target range 25/30 years ago and this number was painted on the upper front hull side and rear pannel in white, also in black on the lower rear hull side. The photo credit was to the Tank Museum Bovington and they very kindly provided us with a re-print, confirming very clearly the near vehicle on the right of the picture is ours. The caption read Aldershot September 1944 (not quite tearing through the bocage, but never mind) it has not at this time been fitted with applique armour and looks to be part way through a full re-fit. The second photo shows it recently as an un-restored rolling wreck on the "Fury" set.Timphone 016.jpg

Sherman 1944 001.jpg

Tim, your persistance has paid off!!!

I just recently found an in service picture of my MK2/3 Ferret so I know the feeling.

Speaking with a well known military vehicle restorer he said it is not very common to find these but that it is easier to find British vehicles than American. That is rare to find one picture of yours, congratulations!!!!

CaptMax