Uniform American Glider Infantry WWII

Joris

Who can help me with information on the uniform the American Glidertroops of WWII had? What jacket / jeans / webbing / equipment etc for the regular riflemen.

What period old boy?

Pre or post D-Day?

Yes Enigma you are correct. The glider troops and pilots all landed wearing the same gear as the standard infantry units.

D-Day was M1941 jackets, wool trousers and service boots and gaters. They also had the same webbing so its the doughboy packs not the musette bags.

Post D-Day would have then gone over to the M1943's that were then standardized accross the whole of the US army forces. Double buckle boots, or service boots and gaters.

You could get away with Corcorans, as they were purchased privately by some soliders.

Yeah indeedy :)

I just received a M42 HBT uniform and was wondering what units were equiped with it. Certainly not glidertroops, as I know now.

Let me see if I can scrape some money together to get myself equipped as a glidermen too.

Yeah indeedy :)

I just received a M42 HBT uniform and was wondering what units were equiped with it. Certainly not glidertroops, as I know now.

Let me see if I can scrape some money together to get myself equipped as a glidermen too.

Hi Joris

Here a link so you know what you need.

http://www.101st-airborne.net/binnenframesetreenactment.htm

The gear is mostly standard.

Hi Joris, pictures of Infantry heading inland from Utah on D-Day show them wearing HBT's

As far as I know the beach landing forces had HBT because they could be impregnated with anti gas stuff.

They wore them over the wool trousers.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes Enigma, what you say is correct but not all troops landed wearing HBT's.

they also wore a British manufactured gas detection armband made of light brown paper treated with a reactive paint, when this came into contact with gas, pink spots would appear.