Anyone know of a REME Re-Enactor group

woa2

Does anyone know if there is there a REME Re-Enactor group anywhere? The REME Museum are looking for a display on Saturday 25th April to mark their closure on the current Arborfield site before moving to Lyneham and are specifically looking for a REME display. Can anyone help or give me any assistance, please?

Many thanks

Robert

Any particular period? I have ww2 battle dress, however I'm currently working for them in Canada, with all the ex REME vehicles on here I'm sure something can be put together.

When is the museum goingt to be open on the new site?

The opening date at the Lyneham site is unsure. I heard rumours of early 2016, but no confirmed date yet. However, I will let you all know when something is arranged.

Evening Robert,

I'd have thought they would have contacted all of us who supported their 70th REME Anniversary day at the museum in 2012.....or didn't they keep any of our details?

Good point, I remember your display. If you can give me your address or email I will pass it on and remind them. Best to send me a PM.

Thanks.

I had to stop and give myself a bit of a talking to then as I had quite a few scurrilous thoughts about what sort of things a REME re-enactor group would choose to portray.....

Thats easy, on ex in covies covered in cr#p having had no sleep for weeks and eating bacon and egg banjos washed down with an alcoholic non alcoholic drink.

Or is that just me that remembers those days ??