Munga

Its me

Hi there everyone i am currently thinking about buying a dkw auto union munga but i have been trying to find some more info out about it but every thing is in german so i was wondering if anybody knows any info on them and also what are they worth and what are spares like to get hold of anything will be greatly appreciated thanks very much

kyle

Hi Kyle

I had a Munga 4 and a Munga 8 before I purchased the Ward.

I am not about for a week or so but have a think about what you want to know and drop me line.

I have loads of Munga contacts and can get spares, etc.

Quickly - Mungas are great fun - rare at shows - 3 stroke / 2 cylinder engine so not much to go wrong with them - cost effective roofless toys - spares are cheap and easily obtainable -

Costs - Good Munga 4 about 1500 - 2000

Good Munga 8 (rare) 2000 +

Try to stay away from non-original engine models - lowers the value.

If looking - listen for noisy engine bearings and watch for dodgy electrics.

All in all - a great introduction to MV's and quite an interesting vehicle to have.

Sorry all Jeep owners - A Munga will beat you off road - no contest. Official!!

Munga 8

width=640 height=480http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/Markheliops/09020005.jpg[/img]

Hi

I can echo everything Mark says. Keep a look on Ebay, I have seen reasonable MUNGAs go for a couple of hundred quid.

I have a contact for main canvas (most are missing or shot) for about £250. Doors are about £100 a set from Germany. A electronic ignition is on the market for about £120.

Shocks are the same as a type 2 VW van. Lots of other bits are German military standard, so you can find them on Unimogs etc.

Most you will see in this country are ex-Dutch. a block of them were sold into UK some years ago.

Make sure the transmission oil is NOT EP90! It must be NON EP, or it will eat the bronze items.

The club in Germany http://www.munga-ig.de, has and english section. Vehicle history can be sorted via them, and books etc in english.

Andy

Owner of two MUNGA 4's

Hi Andy.

Hope you are well.

Long time no speak. Didn't realise you were on here as well.

It's about time the Munga profile was raised.

Are you going to War and Peace? If so, be good to finally meet up with you. If not, will hook up at one on the HMVF runs.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

Sorry I can't make War and Peace, as working in Jockland again at that time! But will have use of a new Wolf again, with any luck :evil:.

Yes, it would be good to have more MUNGAs on the scene. I have been emailing everyone who sells one on Ebay in UK to pass details of HMVF etc on. So you never know!

Have fun with the Ward, Hope you find the trailer you want.

Andy